Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shooting Life From a Cab

Updated 10 July 2010

Most of my street pictures are shot from moving cabs as my camera eye is alert to situations and life that unfolds itself in a fraction of a second and I shoot it in a fraction of a second too.

This was shot a few years back and these kids are bathing on the side of a road in Parel Mumbai.. and unaware of prying eyes .

Water is at a premium for people who live on the streets a leaking Municipal water tap is a blessing in disguise.

And mind you they survive wild orchids have no fear of untimely death on the streets one die another few more will be born.

These are common scenes so nobody really bothers about them, cars pass by most of them dont see all this with the tinted glasses on their souls.

Photography is a medium of my street poetry.. I poetize images with words or sometimes wordlessly, like this post that was devoid of text when I posted it.

Sometimes you can keep a post blank and the viewer will read it as poetry .

I think we are all poets with the sensitivity inherent in all of us might vary from person to person.

I could write a poem without an image but it would no be me.. I need a visual for my virtual poetry of the streets.

And mind you if you shoot pictures as a poet , you add a dimension that never existed before you shot your virgin picture of human life.

Human life is what I shoot and human life is what I showcase as a Blog.

As a picture you would merely see it ,as a blog you inhale it as the freshness of life.

This is shooting life from a cab
silence that needs no gift of the gab
skins and bones of humanity
no need of flab beauty dull and drab
what i shot as a memory
with your inner sensor you grab
streets with human guinea pigs
in a lab living dead living above the slab

to bernie
shadow boxer
in gratitude and humility

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube