Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Rafaee and His Pet Parrots

130,380 items / 969,375 views

The Rafaees all cluster at Char Yar , a hang out place for them , and every one comes here to share smoke and bond.

Every Rafaee from an order has his space and around him sit his murids, hangar ons some seek his blessings others tke care of his needs , food , tea etc.

This place has an over all head Noubat Ali Baba and the Dhuni is the prominent place out here of mystic sanctity.


You will fill find the Hijra Bawas , the Ya Waris sect bawas dressed only in a saffron lungi and bare breated with a shawl drape.. they are adherents of Sabir Piya.

The Chancawalli Rafaees headed by Barsati Baba have a place or asthana here.

Hassan Ganda Don Jaun Baba was here with his two beautiful kids and Farukh Baba too both hardcore body piercing rafaees.


A little ahead is the asthana of the Khadims of Ajmer.

Char Yar is the place , and one person I missed terribly was Indorewale Baba who has chains all over his body about 180 kg.

I am a known face here and Noubat Ali Baba has accepted me as one of his Murids too.

Though most of the bawas know me because I meet them on the Urus circuit, they also know I am a cherished guest of Fakhru Miya Hujra No6 .. I stay in his house ..

Now the rafaee in the picture has got the parrots hooked on bidi smoke,they love inhaling it.

This Rafaee was sitting with the Hijda Bawas.

About the Hijra Bawas..

Hijra bawas are transgender , eunuchs who have given up the life of glitz and glamor and become ascetics..they do dua tawiz and exorcism.

No one messes with the Hijda bawas here at Char Yar.

But mind you there a volatile crazy bawas who are on deadly high of hash, and if provoked will smash your camera and your balls too.

I am not exxagerating most of the bawas dont like to be photographed taking hash, but if you pay them or give thm a round of chillum they might end up your best friend.

I dont smoke hash..nor do I give money for their habit so some take an immediate dislike and curse me under their breath.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube