Monday, May 31, 2010

What hurts I Dont Know Being A Muslim or Being a Beggar

You have got to read this titillating title in the right context or you will get it wrong completely

Sometimes being a Muslim hurts others more than the person who is actually a Muslim and forced to beg on the streets.

If this lady was wearing a hijab and begging it would stand out like a sore thumb..and give definition of mystical nature to my photograph too.

She is a Muslim beggar from Murshidabad , normally they wear white or black.

Why she is a beggar how she became a beggar I dont know I am not social anthropologist or a social activit.

Because I shoot pain and she is Mannequin dressed in pain on a street shopping window I shot her ..I have a set of over 500 pictures at Flickr titled Muslim Beggars that we choose to forget..

I could have written Muslim Beggars that the mullah and God forgot too.

Their life is governed by the few coins you give them, their main begging day is Thursday or Friday after Namaz outside the House of God.

They are the only Muslims that dont celebrate Idd at all, the day you celebrate it they work and beg , Idd is just another day in their life..

Ramzan the most beautiful Holy month is the best month for the wretched souls of the beggars too.

They get fed well in the evenings from the Iftari left overs that you gorged with a hollow burp..

And because I showed you Muslim beggars the upper cultured cybernetic Mujhaidas called my photography Anti Islam at Flickr.

As though I created beggars .. wear the hijab but do see Truth without blinkers and these Mujhaidas have holy verses holy sites as Wall Paper on Flickr and Facebook too.



Because this Muslim beggar lady knows I will shoot her and pay her too, she came and stood in front of me like a lamb at slaughter a few minutes before Bakra Idd.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube