Monday, May 31, 2010

Maryamma's Chosen Street Photographer of Mumbai

My lens had milk stains and my focusing was affected , as I shot very close to Raja who would take milk in his mouth and splurt it into the devotees mouth to lubicte the inserted 18 feet rod in the cheek,, and with this lot I end the series of Maryamma Macchimar Colony I shot it on 23 May and the uploading got over today.

I shot 1619 photos in a few hours barefeet and later I removed my tshirt too.

This was the first time I shot with two camera bodies and a wide and a telly.

I have after this shot the Sion Koliwada Maryamma Feast on 25 May 2010.

There was an invitation for one by a Punjabi guy Soma Bhatia but due to work commitments I did not go.

I have enough footage of this feat for this year.

My chances for going to Ajmer Sharif Urus are very bleak only a miracle by the Khwajah Gharib Nawaz can see me there , as things stand now I think my going to this spiritual pilgrimage is next to impossible.

And I think photography is predestined in my case..if it happens it happens .. if I am to shoot the Rafaees Malangs and the Hijras than I might be called ..


I dont give up hopes very easily but I am going through the worst professional stage of my career..

Photography unfortunately or blogging is not my source of income at all.. but I am passionately in love with blogging call it self obsession .. spreading a message of Peace and Humanity through all religion and cultural events ..even the one that I belong to and condemns me as a heretic by the so called neo Islamists of today..

But yes I am a Shia which for me is my spiritual brand equity , I think I would be rudderless just being a Muslim and not a Shia Muslim.

Being born an Indian is of course the gift of my destiny.. at least in India Muslims dont slit the throat of another Muslim..
In India it hardly matters what religiosity you belong too being Human is really what makes you a Pucca Indian.

And this textual difference in emotions is what makes a blog more humanly accessible than an article in the newspapers ..accredited by faith and love for all beings.

And a person on Facebook not even on my friends list commented on my picture of Black Poetry , he said I was self obsessed ..and the fuck he does not know me from Adams..

Being self obsessed but not shitting foul comments on other peoples posts , or unduly criticizing somebody's religion is not me ..

That is why I have choked my Flickr comment box for good..
I have no time to give importance to your comment good or bad,...my picture is what matters whether you like it or you dont..

As I follow Flickr Facebook Twitter guidelines by the book your adverse comments are water on my ducks ass..

Thanks

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube