Monday, May 10, 2010

Get Well Soon Mr Vazifdar

125,309 items / 892,465 views

Mr Vazifdar is the head priest of the Tata Agiary Fire Temple at Bandra Hill Road.., we have been friends since a long time and when the Municipality was going to demolish the facade and the fire temple wall , I left my daughter Samiya seriously ill in hospital to stand and support the Parsis the most peaceful community of Mumbai.


Samiya got well, but its been over an year since Mr Vazifdar was diagnosed with a badly infected liver , and he has borne the pain and the suffering with a smile on his face.

His chemo therapy continues and I would meet him once in a while this Parsi New Year he has gone to Chennai for a liver transplant.

I have not seen him since than and inquire about hm with another head priest Freddy Panthaki..

Mr Vazifdar loved Marziya and after school Marziya would leave my hand rush towards the Fire temple to greet this loving and kind man dressed in white..maybe Marziyas touch was also a holistically healing factor and I know when he put Marziya on his lap it must have hurt him too, but Marziya is special he would tell me.

So I wish him a speedy recovery..and a successful liver transplant..

Marziya sees him from afar
she charges to greet
her favorite uncle Mr Vazifdar
at the Tata Agiary Fire Temple
doors of a heart always ajar
it is a child's love
healing every pain and scar

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube