Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Death of Photography at Camera Club Level

123,559 items / 854,216 views

I am a street photographer , I sweep the streets with a camera, I show you what you have seen a million times , I show you what you saw on a big screen as hyped up money generating medium , I show it online what was on the streets I bring it to the hallowed sanctuary of your house almost breaching the walls of your poetic privacy.

I am not a born writer , nor a born poet nor a born photographer I inherited it as default from my surroundings and it is too long a story to take you back into my past.

All I know is my two year old grand daughter is a born photographer , and she is inheriting my perspective of pain as seen on the soul of the viewfinder of our respective consciousness .

Photography is definitely not about vision , my grand daughter has no vision.,.but for a toy she has an antique camera , a collectible , when she is restless , like I am she does weird things without realizing I was watching her ..luckily I had my camera to shoot that moment.

She placed her doll on the table and began shooting pictures , a camera that does not work, but yet she captured something , she knows it and I know it.. I will later post the moment she shot .

In a way she is disgusted with her photos I take , of late she will only allow it when she is in a mood, at two years of her life she has reached saturation point.. with the camera and photography.


So imagine photographers one leg in the grave , totally prehistoric in their temperament their style their so called vision dumping their shit on the fucked soul of photography.. the walls of camera clubs shiver and weep with shame all the year around..I too used to love seeing my pictures on the wall, I gave it up , because I had to make way for the new kid on the block, it was time I began unlearning photography from my juniors..I gave up salon and competitive photography for good.

Now bear in mind I am not disrespecting their contribution , but their shelf life is over , period, the times have changed , please give the new kids a chance on the Wall of Fame.


Yes of late I hate camera clubs and all old retarded regressive camera associations that have done nothing for photography only promoted their kith and kin and glorified their past..taken the new photographer a million light years away from Tomorrow..

Photography is not a just a classroom subject it is a vibrant part of life dont merely distort it with your club politics , and your parochialism , and this is a general thought.

I will of course not discuss media photography , it has lost its adventurism and charm, I would rather shoot a kid on the road than go running to get a continuous mode picture of Sania's elbow and Shoaib Malik's nostrils..''

So I was discussing this on phone with another photographer Venay Parelkar and we came to one single conclusion Photography at camera club level is fucking dead for good.,fucked by the very hand of the father that rocked the Cradle..

If you see the pictures of their brochures and their newsletters nothing has changed , the same fucked mood , the same fucked lighting and fucked attitude..Fucked aperture and Fucked F Stops..

RIP
So I offer my condolences to the Death of Photography at camera club level, may God give the aggrieved family the spiritual strength to bear this irreparable and timely loss .
Amen ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube