Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blogger Kidnapped By The Hijras

For a long time I did not meet hijras and this was on Sunday I was rushing to town to meet my photographer friend Laurent Salesse at Leopold Cafe , they were coming out of the slums and I have shot them earlier too, they just would not leave me I asked a guy to shoot a few frames after I had shot them..a few in this group are hijra impostors but hardcore men beneath the ladies attire..I am not sure about this but I was told by someone who is an authority on these beggar hijras of Mumbai..

After I left them , taking a train to Churchgate I met another group of train begging hijras.. they touched my feet asked me if I needed any help , they thought I was a holy man,..I told them I just wanted a few pictures which they obliged.

And the rest of all these pictures is at my Flickr photo stream..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube