Saturday, April 24, 2010

Street Romance on Silver Screen

This was shot at the Bandra Station on my return from town, I had gone to meet Laurent Salesse..

The street urchins life is lke love on a silver screen, the girl thinks she is beautiful, she imagines she is in love, her love is a street clone of Salman Khan swashbuckling bravado and all..

Her parents hate street Salman , they want to get her married to the money lenders divorced drunkard of a son , he lives in the slum too..

She was imprisoned for several days in her shanty, she managed to escape thanks to the slum buffoon who loves her intensely..and buffoon is best friend of street Salman..

Here they are deciding their future..they did not notice me as I shot the sad poetry of their fucked lives on the street..

They had thought of going to the crippled Don but he has gone away to Bihar but he may not come back at all, the new Don is lecherous , and madly wants to possess her , he has promised to eliminate the ,money lender and the money lenders son in a fire accident.

Heroine of the streets is in great pain , she wants to cry , she wants to share her grief when Time the Director shots out Cut..

And I walked away from the morbid set of street life.. a dark film shot and directed by ace cinematographer Sanjay F Gupta .. I tried to approach him , but his assistant a rude lad shoved me away...

And I dont blame him I was barefeet and looked like a struggler myself..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube