Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Fucked Life of the Shoe Shine Man

I believe in the dignity of labor , but seeing the shoe shine guy at the feet of the man whose shoes are being polished I feel real bad perhaps it is the poet in me..why cant the Railways give them a helpers job , and the lout should learn to polish his own shoes..

I have a very rich friend who irons his own clothes , polishes his shoes , he wont let anyone not even his wife do this chore which is like a ritual..

When I see a cobbler polishing shoes it does not hit me the same way as it is his profession , and he has opted for it willingly, polishing the shoe is part of the nature of work after repairing it or otherwise..

And I miss the little kids that polish shoes , who are very fond of me but reprimand me for punishing them by going barefeet..

And such is life on a slow track, all my best photographer friends are at Koovagam Villupuram shooting the Eunuch Festival I was unable to go..and it is the same year after year but I hope the Khwajah brings me home safely to the Urus in Ajmer ..

My life has gone bleak..things are not what they used to be..and soon the history books of kids would have a separate subject on Success , with luminaries like Lalit Modi , Dr Moin Khan Telgi and Harshad Mehta as important pivotal role models of society..

The guy in my picture will still be polishing shoes.. he will die of tuberculosis another will take his place..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube