Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Blog Speaks

I walk to work through Indraji Nagar slums, though I can come directly via Bandra Hill Road but I prefer the noisy back lanes , I see life face to face and as I always carry my camera and shoot what touches my human soul, I guess I am as opinionated in the shots I take as I am iin my blogs..

The only problem is that all that I shoot on the streets is part of Firoze Shakir street photography set, after uploading them here I move ahead, so most of these pictures are devoid of text, I thought I would work on them through Picnic which edits within Flickr but my system began crashing I gave up...there are over 7500 pictures , competing with my Hijra pictures 11000 and Marziya Shakir set over 9000 pictures.

And to keep these pictures viewable I will have to keep on paying 25 US$ every year or they wont be visible at all, I have been lucky my son and my mentor Dr Glenn Losacks contribution to the Pro membership makes it possible.. you would have not seen any of this without their contribution to my blogs shelf life..

I cross blog from Flickr.

I had a site Firoze Shakir .com I gave it up I could not afford the annual fees of Rs 6000.. So I am in a way grateful to Flickr.. my account is marked safe I follow Flickr guidelines.

But yes you cannot comment on my Flickr posts , simply because I do not want to give importance to your hate comments , have faced racism all over the net including Poem Hunter ..so now I dont want to take shit no more ..you dont like my pictures move along dont fuck my brains by asking me to be you, I would not want to have the fucked parents you had who taught you to hate Muslims or Shias or Indians or Hijras as in my case. Yes I have locked my Flickr comment box I strangled it with my own hands. I choked its voice for good.

But yes I miss comments from my best friends but than hate on Flickr or elsewhere on the net is greater than love..

At Facebook where I pimp a part of me without commercial gain I allow comments.

I allow comments on Twitter and Google Buzz.
I prefer Google Buzz to Twitter .

At Word Press at Blogspot I have locked my comment box.

I dont sell my pictures I dont sell my words but I am open to a joint collaboration with any publishing house of repute to publish my poems and my hijra blogs..

I need to buy a new camera and a laptop as the profession I am in is now just a battered dream, running around to get the hard money I worked for from people whom I gave credit.
I also have to pay back people who stood by me during my time of need.
Blogging is a holistic healing tool you wont find this blog on any newspaper of Mumbai.. not yet up for Sale.,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube