Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Imprints on the Sands of Time

If you see this picture carefully and try to interpret it as a poet and in my lexicon a poet crystallizes human thought in a few words ..a poet is a person who summarizes the serenity of the human soul..you will understand the barrenness the wastelands of human misery on the sands of time ..
And in a way this picture and the few that follow speak the colloquial language of pain..so why did I shoot this picture of a washed away garment , now resting on a graveyard of a distant beach, a garment that was once a layer of a man or woman a garment that caressed the anatomy of the person who has disappeared into timeless oblivion....

Honestly I was bored I was sad I was unable to shoot what I had come to shoot , but I was carrying back something from my molehill of despair I shot 107 pictures in this series Murud Janjira trip 2010 housed at Flickr.

There are a lot of things I dont shoot I shot .
I hate sunsets I shot it on the Mandwa jetty , I shoot at random , I shoot randomness I shot boredom as an idyllic escapade and poetized it on your soul too.

My friend journo Kiran Batham who is a Murud local was at Mahad and asked me to hang around till he returned but I did not wait for him..2 hours was a long wait and it would have killed me , suffocated me completely.

I needed good company and there was none around..I wanted to release my tantric kundalini unleash it on another person , but there was no one around just me the sea and sounds of silence waves making lethargic love to the sand on the beach, moistening glistening foaming in between..


I am not a crowded person I am a loner I am a recluse I write with a camera stories that need no words even my pictures are not dependent of words..I keep them blank and perhaps when I see them in a year or two will embed some frugal text..

What is important is holding a woman's hand on the beach and walking in silence this is sheer poetry for me , two palms making love , and only the soul serenading the surroundings knows the symbolism of this kind of romance..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube