Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Murud Janjira Through The Eyes of a Cosmic Poet

My wife and I came here zillion years back when our marriage was on the rocks literally I was only a whisker away from getting married to an American woman.


Wife and I had come to reconcile our fate as such we are still happily married but we have not found any more hazardous excuse to come to Murud Janjira again , I was alone on this desolate beach, on Gudi Padwa day , the bullock cart race that I had come to shoot is once more banned from this coastal belt completely its matter in court and nobody messes with the ruling of the court.


For the first time I did not know what to do, I shot boredom , as pictures , my shadows stuff lying on the beach, boredom too can be a subject for photography..

I have some great memories of Murud Janjira besides the visit here with my wife..

On of my trips here I had come with another good photographer and teacher Anil Bhartiya while we were walking on the beach I got the runs I needed to rush to the toilet but it was too far away so I gave my camera to Anil Bhartiya and went straight into the sea , pulled down my pants and was totally washed by foam and a very spiritual bliss..it was the most beautiful moment of my life watching the dancing waves as they mocked my mortality and my vulnerability ..I was merely a blob in the ocean..as a poet of pain I saw visions I saw my half baked dreams come alive..I had never done this before on a beach.
Though I have done it on my treks to Ladakh and Doodh Sagar.

So however nauseating disgusting you might find shitting asses on the beach , try it out once ,.Randy my dearest friend in Montreal is bursting at the seams..and Marcel Duvoix has put a hanky on his nose..

I was inspired by a erotic poem here at Murud Janjira this was my genre too I had put it in the back drawer of my head not to hurt the pompously poetic and the sacrilegious-like spiritual..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube