Saturday, March 20, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy Crazy

His family is sitting at the Shrine his mother is possessed ...

Hussain Tekri is a very sad depressing place it kills you much before you begin to die..and this is not about religiosity or the Holy Shrine replicas , its about the rituals , exorcism and the rampant possessions..that go on here .

Mothers sisters daughters relatives come here to be healed , to be cleansed of the devil within them..and you skeptical as you are would call them nuts..but this is India the underbelly of pain connected to devilry and superstitions..

I am writing or rather updating this post today , emptying out my angst..I wanted to jump into the feces or the sewer pond where madness prevailed , people buried in the sands only to feel what they feel and what you dare no feel.. yes bloggers enter where fucked photo journos fear to tread.. nothing personal.

Many a time I decided to go to Hussain Tekri Jaorah but it never happened I did not want to miss the hardcore Chehlum in Mumbai or elsewhere ..and I shot Hussain Tekri during Chehlum Shia mourning feast connected to Moharam.

This childs mother was possessed and he went about driving Miss Daisy crazy , his mother was in bad shape and worse happens when the Loban ritual take place and the khadims all Sunnis were not taking kindly to my photography.

I never forgot this child nor his mothers pain.

There is one place I will surely go that is Mina Datar Unjha Gujrat where all this happens at a large scale , to my bad luck and I am serious as I write this today on an old post , I fell in love with an American lady photographer , and I thought if I did marry her two wives kind of thing , east and west , as Islam allows polygamy though you call it bigamy because you are stuck to one woman for life, I would shoot all this with my new American wife and had also though of enforcing the hijab on her , she was willing to everything the nikah etc etc but my kids and wife beat the shit out of me and now though I never married the American lady I am still an incorrigible bachelor at heart..

I dream I am in love ..and this figment of love keeps my juices coming no pun intended ..I have a mind but not as dirty as you think.

So blogging is shitting thoughts on empty space of life.,.with no malicious intent ...and I envy Richad Lazzara ..he blogs all over cyberspace .. without relieving his angst as I do for me blogging is also a bodily function as much as a function of the mind..

Sometimes I wonder if I stopped blogging ..no I wont think about it as yet..ha ha
And if you ask me who I emulate as a blogger well it is Shankar Babaji of Colorado Richard Lazzara my best friend on Flickr and Facebook..

He has helped me as I am not very net savvy , he has supported me and today I sent him an Invitation , if he comes to Mumbai I will see that he is accommodated at a Temple near my house and all his vegetarian meals will be cooked by my wife No1...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube