Monday, January 11, 2010

Zindagi Ek Safar Hai Suhana

This is the quintessential peace quotient of Hyderabad , the lady in the ricksha is going to a Majlis, and majlis matam are two driving force for the Shia Hyderabadi Muslim that keeps her occupied..
Children are never questioned during Moharam even if they dont come as Shabbedari continues all night..And here I can imagine every Hyderabadi settled away from Hyderabad , thinking of his home city his Hussain with tears in his eyes.. yes even a Mumbaikar knows this yearning as a street poet who writes poems through the wordlessness of his camera lens.

And perhaps it was this quest born as a germ of my minds spiritual nativity that bought me to Hyderabad to shoot over 3000 pictures and tell you the life of a Hyderabadi Shia in the throes of Ghame Hussain...and its effect on his surroundings his neighbors too.

And Ghame Hussain is felt by a dead body buried six feet under the ground , and that is why the dead Shia to comes alive when the Shame Ghariba and the Chelum take place in local cemeteries..

So mind you dont under estimate the simple picture of a lady going to a majlis in a ricksha it might lead you to the Darbar of Imam Hussain itself..

And if you dont cry after you read my blogs than my tears too will be in vain..yes I cry when I write my blogs that are my tribute to Shias all over the world..


And my pictures after this will be of my house majlis that was held yesterday in my house thanks to my wife and my sons wives and my sole daughter ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube