Monday, January 11, 2010

Locked Doors of Fate

111,507 items / 718,766 views

There was not much time , I was in Hyderabad for three days all totally packed , shooting Moharam 8, 9, and Ashura 2009 back to back, without rest , one event got over another began in the evening and than another in the night till the wee hours of the following morning.

I left the next day after Ashura for Mumbai and I had hurt my feet too, so I was less adventurous than I normally am, one of the reasons why my daughter Sam was upset, was my mowing the streets with my barefeet..

I had pictures in my camera but I was not willing to break the thread of my Hyderabadi Moharam blogs..

From the day I left Hyderabad till I reached Mumbai on 30 Dec, I shot pictures, of my grand daughters return from Lucknow , than the return of my son Asif from Karbala Iraq and other miscellaneous stuff,..

I shot a pack of hijras , who normally visited my old shop, I used to call them hijra impostors , but there are a few original ones among them..their lot is a very sad one begging to eke a living, and precariously perched on the kerbside of life..perhaps the doors that I shot unconsciously in Hyderabad tells the story of their fucked fate..totally locked from asshole to eternity.


I have completed the Hyderabad pictures, perhaps there may be a few on my camera memory card , I am downloading this today , it has taken me 10 days to upload all my pictures of Hyderabad 3084, non stop thanks to the slow but sturdy Flickr uploader.

Thanks to Richard Lazzara Shankar Gallery I dont have to unnecessarily break my head on the Facebook uploader , the bookmarklet and the link of the Flickr to Facebook sends my picture to its respective album at Facebook in seconds..I have to add text copy and paste .

http://www.keebler.net/flickr2facebook/

In this memory card are pictures I shot of the street , Muslim beggar women that pursue me non stop, but yes we meet accidentally..their despair interlinked and locked to my photo blog.

Than I shot Reshma the Hijra from Lal Mitti , she was a a boy living in the nearby slum , I am told and blind Ismail Chacha looked after him as a child till the child reaching adulthood transformed himself into a hijra dance performer.

I shot the Bandra Mehfil juloos , in my injured state with my grand daughter in tow , this was the first procession of her life in two years..she saw the kids scourging their backs and other rituals that make up our religiosity of pain.

And this morning I shot my house majlis , that is the most important aspect of a Shia home and the Shia housewife.. this is a 4 GB card.

And I am happy to get out of the Hyderabad syndrome back to Mumbai mode , get back to my world of street life street pain as I see it on the viewfinder of my soul..

So what do I start with...???????

Well I just downloaded my memory card and there are pictures of Hyderabad that I will have to continue with shot on the last day in Hyderabad ...So I am back to Square one..and perhaps not ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube