Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here The Grass Is Not Green on the Other Side of The Fence

111,278 items / 718,269 views

Shia kids fascinate me endlessly,childhood should not be discriminated , I shoot kids from all communities , but the Shia kids have a unique element and I try to capture it as a poet using the help of my camera..and here this kid at Mir Mousavi Shia cemetery Hyderabad challenges me to a duel of the mind .
He talks to me a language I understand I learnt it effortlessly from Marziya my grand daughter 2 years 2 month old.

I think his conversation went this way..

Hi dude how do you like my city Hyderabad
I answered - Pretty Cool bro
How do you like our Moharam
I replied memorable traditional worth watching once in a life time..
Here he gave me a nice smile and charmed me with hospitality of his ancestral grace.
Than he asked me out of the blue ..when you coming next..I might be cutting myself too, just itching to do the blade matam you know..and so we continued our conversation , and I wondered he sees me plainly dressed in black , bare feet would he recognize me if he saw me after Moharam , bejeweled , in my signature sartorial avatar as the Shia Pandit once Moharam gets over..

And than I was thrown back to Mumbai, and my home and Marziya , I was talking to a relative , about matam in Hyderabad , and uttered chaku Urdu word for knife , without realizing my grand daughter had rushed to the kitchen came back with a sharp kitchen knife , before I could react she placed it on her forehead chanting Ya Hussain Ya Hussain..

I shot a picture and nothing scares Marziya , sometimes I wonder Mrziya does all this to demystify my dreams and delusions.

As I have another 250 pictures to post here at Flickr before I end the Moharam in Hyderabad series 2009 , all the pictures I have shot recently almost a 4 GB card are still in my camera.
The injury to my leg is taking time to heal ..my barefeet bravado has finally caught up with me..

I was invited to a juloos at Saki Naka last night but gave it a skip because of the pain and the limp..and my house is in total chaos for our house majlis..the only thing very close to my wife's heart and soul..both my sons wives have really changed the look of the house...my daughter Sam is playing hard to get with her old man.

But Marziya gets the maximum footage in our house , she is up to something new every time reciting nohas in her child like sing song way.

And the only two places I have not taken Marziya are the zoo and the swimming pool..

Marziya is a water child an an animal loving person and welcomes any religious event as much as I do..mutually coexisting with her surroundings and the diverse colors of all the festivals that spark her minds plug...

I think she must be the only two year old child who has seen all the temples , all the churches and the sole Shia Mosque in our area..



And if there is anyone's pictures I enjoy shooting it is Marziya..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube