Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Blade Matam of Hyderabad at Hussaini Koti

Imagine shooting all this and than both my camera batteries fail, the one in the camera and the one I had as spare ..I was also confused as the charger I had newly bought at Dadar a few hours before leaving for Hyderabad.

I have a single digital camera Nikon D 80 though I lugged my F100 film camera too, I shot just one roll, film depresses me for the only reason it takes time to finally hit my computer screen, and this is a photo journalist blog..so what I shoot I need to post pronto..

I began posting the Hyderabad Moharam pictures from the very morning I reached Mumbai, I have been continuously posting all this over 3500 pictures from 30 Dec ..

My computer has been working round the clock without break..I have 3 more events to post after this..

The Blade Matam is the specialty of Hyderabadi Shias , they do it with finesse and with smooth strokes of their sweeping hands..the little kids emulate the adults and the very little kids tie the blades on wires..and hit their backs with ferocity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube