Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alam Abbas at Hussaini Koti Hyderabad 2009

110,230 items / 713,547 views

This is my last lot of the Hussaini Koti 8 Moharam events , after this I came back to Choti Bargah , I left my room at Charminar Hotel, I had not even stayed in it, I moved to Naqi Bhais house .Than I went to Koti electronics market to have my charger checked , and my sparebattery that had failed .

I bought a new original battery and shot the 8 Moharam events at Choti Bargah and in the wee hours I shot the 8 Moharam events at the main Bargah Hazrat Abbas.

Though I have been requested by the Bargah people not to post pictures of their donning the Alambardar dress , a white sherwani and a belt a jacket that takes about half an hour per person..

The last segment will be the 9 Moharam events Iqbal bhais house majlis and a very late event at the Shia cemetery of Mir Mousavi Deira.

With that I will end my Moharam in Hyderabad 2009 series..


My only regret is that I did not complete the entire shooting at Hussaini Koti..and I will never forget the cherubic faces of the little Nawabs head bowed touching everyone with Adab and Tehzeeb..this was the greatest moment of my photography ..that sent me nostalgically back to my child hood and my Lucknowi parentage..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube