Wednesday, January 6, 2010

8 Moharam at Hussaini Koti 2009 Hyderabad

I am with Nawab Saab brother of late Rashid Ali Khan, I am poor with names as I suffer from a ver bad diabetic affected memory, but Syed Ghazanfer Ali Khan son of late Rashid Ali Khan has promised to give me the Hussaini Koti history and the names of all the Nawabs living and those of his ancestors..

Nawab Syed Askar Ali Khan of Shariyar Ul Mulk Palace where I was invited for the 8 Moharam Hazri is closely connected to this family of Hussaini Koti..

And after I shot these pictures including that of their Majlis and juloos I never could meet them at all..

The alams of Hussaini Koti are very old heirlooms and you will never see such grandeur anywhere ..the Alams are viewed only during Moharam ..and the 8 Moharam of Hussaini Koti is a moment of a life time for a Shia..

The Alam of Hazrat Abbas is carried on a horse by the young scion of the Nawabs and finally bought back to the haveli ,unfortunately I could not shoot that portion , my camera battery charger and the batteyr had failed me..

However luckily I had shot this in Back and White when I was last here in 2003.

Hussaini Koti is about a chapter that comes alive of Nawabi charm , culture and tradition of these blue blooded Shia Nawabs of feudal Hyderabad of yore.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube