Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shahenshah Bawa Sword Samurai

I dont use long lenses , though I have a faithful 80/200 ED 2.8 AF lens .

I dont take it along as it is heavy and intrudes its phallic presence on the soul of policemen and those that hate photographers.


I shoot from close and the rafaee swords dont scare me as the Shia flagellating blade and the Shia sword does..

I shoot barefeet respecting the ground where the ritualism takes place..I believe its the subject who should be more eloquent than the photographer..

The photographer is a mere holistic sutradhar creating a bond between mind and matter..

And it is not the camera but the magic within the third of eye of Shiva embedded in a Muslim mind too that creates pictures ..

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder I told that to a blind man.. he said yes I see it more clearly now than when I had eyes.

Shooting with your closed is what photography is all about, this is a Sufi metaphor..

Photography is music you play it by ear, and practice is what matters ..

Street photography is the mother of picture taking..you capture the essence of godliness as found on the garbage heap of life..

Incidentally of late I have begun shooting all garbage sites in prime locations of Bandra..dont ask me why..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube