Friday, January 1, 2010

My Tribute to the Soul of the Hyderabadi Shia

108,406 items / 705,311 views

To those of you who have read my blogs here at Flickr Facebook , Twitter , Word Press Blogspot I hope this new year brings peace and solace in all your lives.

This is my first post of 2010 and I dedicate it to the soul of the Hyderabadi Shia.. a very rare exotic spiritual entity..Here at Bargah Hazrat Abul Fazlil Abbas I shot this young father with his kids ..I did not speak to him,but in the language of silence my camera is a better conversationalist than me..

He has done kamazani cutting of his head a ritual of pain along with his kids ..I just ask you does any one of them show you any disturbing signs , or forced fear I am not too good with words..but yes just take the little one see the power of his glance , now I was not there when he went through this , it could be a picture or perhaps four pictures ..I would have to be real fast ...

This is the magic mantra of a single name Ya Hussain.. I am not a religious scholar, I am not a congregational Muslim , I am a loner and I shoot pain as I see it with my eyes closed on the viewfinder of my restless soul.

I will now reiterate what I shoot is not for getting cookie points , I do not shoot Shiasm so that Shias can sit back and see it, not at all, I shoot Shiasm as a human being so every human being can see our side of a story through my eyes..I shoot all religions I shoot the transgender , the streets of commercial pain, the Naga Sadhus the Sufis ,disfranchised , the deprived and I shoot the Shias .

I shoot the Shias so you can see it, and mind you most of the Shia religious places are out of bounds for the Non Muslim..I shoot Shias so you see them not just as Shias but a community with an ancestry a 1400 year pain...Moharam is a banner of revolt against Terrorism.. and nothing else .

I shoot Shias so you can read my pictures as a poetry of pain.

My Shia site Shah Ast Hussain has been shut off for reasons unknown to me and I will only know when my son Asif Shakir returns from Karbala..He is my lifeline as a son and as a administrator of my Word Press sites..Marziya Shakir is his daughter..

Flickr is the archive of all my Shia blogs provided you seek what is relevant to the choice of your mind, I have placed my pictures at Fickr in various sets and collections..

I dont sell pictures , I dont sell my words, they are a gift that I over expose on cyberspace , yes I am opinionated , who is int?

A picture speaks louder than words and this father in all his spiritual eloquence speaks silently to all of you , his faith , his culture and his country..

This is the Hyderabadi Shia Muslim at grass root level..on Ashura day.


My Flickr uploader is working over time I have over 3000 pictures to upload at Flickr..a few of which I cross blog via Twitter and Facebook,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube