Friday, January 1, 2010

Remembering His Childhood at Bargah Hazarat Abbas

108,406 items / 705,311 views

He was taken by surprise when I walked towards him to shoot this picture..and into his eyes I traveled , his youth , his childhood, his head cut the first time as a toddler in his fathers hand..yes he is heritage of the ancestry of our pain and I salute him..

Most of the people come to this century old Shia spiritual space that has nurtured them ,they would not miss Ashura here come what may..Ashura in Hyderabad is a an awesome moment of nostalgic pain.

Yesterday I spoke to Nawab Ghazanfer Ali Khan of Hussaini Kothi as I had left Hyderabad without meeting him, he was saddened as I had to abort my 8 Moharam shoot at his kothi, my camera battery and charger both had konked off..

I told him I would try to come to Hyderabad to shoot Chehlum and he requested me the hospitality of his kothi.. this is Hyderabadi love and hospitality for a lover of Imam Hussain.

The blue blooded Nawabs of Hussaini Kothi are the finest human beings seeped in Adab and Tehzeeb ..I thank each and everyone of them for their love of humanity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube