Friday, January 1, 2010

Ghame Hussain in Hyderabad

108,240 items / 704,937 views

Hyderabadi Shias look down upon flagellating blades ,and I saw this at the Shia cemetery Mir Mousavi Deira on 9 Moharam, I was seeing a man tie razor blades with a wire and later when the Alam came and the matam began he was drenched in blood .

I shot over 3500 pictures or more , first I thought I will post them from the time I reached Hyderabad 8 Moharam , but changed my mind , I will post them as sets , 8 Moharam Bargah, 8 Moharam Hussaini Kothi , 8 Moharam Choti Bargah.

9 Moharam a majlis at Iqbal Bhais house and the Shia cemetery.

10 Moharam Ashura at Bargah which I am currently posting at Flickr and the next lot Bibi Ka Alam procession.. on the streets of Old Hyderabad.

A lot of street shots I will add them in a relevant set..

Moharam in Hyderabad , my second attempt was an experience of a life time made possible by good friends contacts and well wishers.

Baqar Saab of Bargah , his family his kids Hyder Raza Imran and cousin Zamin. their uncles and cousins..

Akthar Bhai of Choti Bargah , his family his children nephews etc.
Naqi Bhai who allowed me to stay at his house for the remaining two days..
Sajjad Bhai the cop, Kazim , Abid Bhai painter of Bright Digitals who sat on the elephant this year accompanying the Bii Ka Alam..
Lutfi brothers Abid Bhi and Alamdar Bhai..
Sadik of Darbare Hussaini.

To name just a few including Ali from the Interbest Cybercafe.

Ghazanfer Bhai and his family at Hussaini Kothi and Sharyar Saab of Sharyar palace and many others ..Ejaz and Raza photographers.

Last but not the least Raza Bhai Gen secretary of Congress Party in Hyderabad.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube