Thursday, December 24, 2009

Marziya Shakir and the Bandra Police

107,109 items / 693,618 views

These are pictures shot before Marziya left for Lucknow, Marziya does not get scared of cops , and she has a special regard for the Bandra police , her favorite is Uncle Prakash George Senior Inspector and Constable Ganpat , whom she has met at all the political rallies I shot as a blogger .

Marziya is a favorite of the cops too at the Bandra Police Station , they all know this kid and her crazy grandfather who walks barefeet most of the times..

When ever a police van passes our area it stops to wave out at Marziya who waves back at them..she calls them Police Uncle..

I dont know if she knows what the police are all about, and I am sure the police personnel too have daughters or grand daughters like Marziya , and I am sure beneath the khaki wardi and the stress policemen are human too, human faults and frailty are part of our existence..

Than for a moment I think of a 14 year old girl allegedly molested by a Senior Police person , intimidated as the newspapers report, her family goes through hell , and finally she commits suicide..and the political system its patronage allows the cop to rise and rise and rise..After 19 years he is imprisoned for 7 months I am not finding fault with the verdict I am finding fault with the system that destroys everything that Justice stands for.. and the person even after this is defiant enough to say he will go for appeal.. and a friend in Australia fighting to keep the soul of her dead friend alive,,

So maybe we should not paint all the cops with the same brush..I am stunned by my own silence and Marziyas reverence for the Bandra cops..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube