Thursday, December 24, 2009

Marziya Shakir 2 Year Old Photographer

107,107 items / 693,601 views

These are a few pictures shot before Marziya left for Lucknow to her maternal grandparents house in Lucknow with her mother and my wife for Ashura .

Her father is in Karbala..her grand father here in the wastelands of his computer ..and the wide net.

I have finally downloaded a 4GB card, pictures that were in my camera since a long time..

Now normally when I assisted Marziya to shoot with my Nikon D 80 holding it partially in my hands she would hold it too, push her face in the viewfinder and I helped her with the trigger too, but the day I shot this picture she moved my hand away from the trigger and aimed it herself.. she shot her mother and my wife..unfortunately these are pictures I wont be able to show you as they are marked family.

I speak to her every day and I know she is happy as her maternal links are as important as my love for her.. her Lucknowi roots the city of her mothers birth.

There are some nostalgic pictures on this card , some sad stories too I hope I can post all this before I leave Mumbai to shoot Moharam in some other city.



One of the strange stories I have not mentioned and you might not believe pertains to Farzan the Parsi boy who keeps Lord Ganesha at his house every year, his father was knocked down by a speeding cab, and according to Katy his grandmother I dont know how but Farzan came under the speeding cab , however nothing happened to him he was unscathed , his father broke his leg, I dont know the exact details but I will when I meet his mom also in the hospital.. they never caught the cabbie I believe ..

Marziya is very fond of Farzan only because he has a large size Noddy at his house.

Marziya sees the streets as I see it , she reads the pathos through her child's eyes ..everybody inquires about her wherever I go.. specially Hafiza bi wife of blind Ismail Chacha.. and Mangla the Koli fisherwoman.

Lucky the Labrador who belongs to Omkar Shelar keeps waiting near the lift waiting for her to come and pet him.. her parents dont like dogs Lucky is the only exception , and he does not touch Marziya..

There is a young girl near my shop who befriended Marziya recently she would buy chocolates for Marziya every day, and they got along pretty well, now this young girl is also eagerly waiting for Marziya return from Lucknow.. this is love a love that seeks love out..

Having a crazy grand father is one thing but having a human sensitive grand child is what this blog is all about..I have since the second day of her birth posted over 8158 photos of her at Flickr and maybe another 500 that are marked for family only.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube