Monday, December 7, 2009

A Blogger Mastan and The Rafaee

I am known as Mastan at the Dhuni, mastan is a person who finds no fault with life and takes things as they come..kind of happy go lucky , which is wrong interpretation of my present circumstances and my ensuing bad luck.

The bawa next to me is a better mastan, he wears two watches , one tells the time on earth the other presumably the time in heaven..barring Mulllahs ,jehadis and mischief makers all Sufis go to heaven , that is what he whispered in my ears.

I told him with a poker face that I was a Shia and he shot back.. most of the Sufis are lovers of Hussain too.. and than shut up...

I have not seen him do any body piercing act, but he should be good..

For the first time in my life, I was shaking my head at Fakhruddin Shah Babas Shrine almost like the ladies possessed , much as I tried to stop, it would not, I went into a trance in front of the Shrine..

This was a strange moment and I will never forget it, and it is stimulated further by the beats of the drums...today a little child asked me to bless him , and gave me Rs 5..after he moved away I gave it to a beggar more deserving than me.. yes this is Sufism .. a path of reckoning a part of introspection..and if this is heresy I accept it as it is..of course my core essence remains what it is.. I am human ..as human as a Shia can be..

My barefeet have new band aids every day, the cuts the bruises continue as I shoot divinity on the streets of Mahim.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube