Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mumbai Police No1

87,430 items / 529,950 views

Mumbai cops wonder why I take their pictures , some are polite a few aggressive ,who have threatened to haul my ass to the police station,I have a Press Card but it is my attire that does me in I dont look like a normal photo journo..I would rather take poison than look like a typical hot shot photo journo with attitude and his big shining Canon lens.

The Bandra Police know me very well, and I shoot cops , because without them there would be riots at religious processions that I shoot, and it is serious , there are a lot of criminal mind set people who would love to create communal mischief..and disharmony.

I pay respect to the Mumbai Police by showing you their human side, their long hours , standing in the blazing sun like during the election times, I always have cops as the heroes of my procession pictures .

The Khaki element is necessary and validates Peace and Brotherhood..

Last night I shot Advocate Ashish Shelars Dahi Handi celebrations , the Dahi Handi was on the main commercial Hill Road , traffic coming from town and Bandra station , but the Bandra police and the BJP volunteers put up a great show..

The police bandobast , security arrangement during the Shia Shabbart celebrations was impeccable at the Gateway of India, so also the Moharam processions of Ashura and Chehlum and my American friend Dr Glenn Losack MD from Manhattan New York was so impressed that he requested me to shoot him with Senior Inspector of JJ Police Station Mr Baig..
Mr Baig is a very handsome police officer , extremely polite and was happy when Glenn told him that Mumbai Police is No1.

I have dressed ex Mumbai Police Commissioner Mr Ramurthy , Mr Manekshah and Mr Aftab Khan too, including Mr George Prakash of Sr Inspector Bandra Police Station

I only hope the cyber Police cell of Mumbai makes the cops aware of a bloggers contribution too..specially bloggers that dress like me..

I am a professional tailor.. but blog as an addictive hobby..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube