Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh deva

91,891 items / 557,630 views

Its 4.30 am I get ready for my 8 fast of Ramzan.


I spoke to a few people Gauri is bought to the beach along with her son Lord Ganesh, the art takes place , but Gauri is not immersed instead water is placed on her eyes as symbol of immersion and she returns to the devotees house.

This was the majority view,but there was another set of people that immersed Gauri along with her son Lord Ganesh.

This was the most unique South Indian style Gauri.

I took several pictures.I was lucky I did not follow the Jolly Boys of Reclamation to Dadar as it rained very heavily last night.I shoot without protection , I find umbrellas raincoats coverings very cumbersome..


Mostly people came to Mahim from nearby areas of Bandra and Dharavi.

The Anirudh Disaster management cadres were doing a splendid job of controlling the crowds,removing the floral waste into huge baskets.

I have a very high regard for the Anirudh volunteers , my fisher woman from Bandra Fish Market too was a part of it, in a white dress and a yellow cap.


The Mahim Police force was led by Senior Inspector Lakhpate who was himself heading the security arrangement , this was one of the most disciplined Immersion I saw at Mahim beach..

The beach was speckless clean.

Here I must add that the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai was on its feet , one of their best collective efforts..and it was their baby all the way.

I am lucky I shot this beach instead of the more congested Dadar or Juhu beach.

I know Big is beautiful but sometimes the significance of the smaller eco friendly Ganpatis prove a point and make a statement of dignity and grace, giving Nature the due importance and respect.

As a Muslim as a person who loves the inheritance of Hinduism as his culture the Mumbai barefeet blogger has chronicled a very important chapter of Mumbai angst and ethos.. Lord Ganesha the greatest Mee Mubaikar - connecting humanity without barriers , color caste or creed.

I think if all political parties had just a single emblem of Lord Ganesha there would be less political chaos and corruption...no hand ,. no lotus , no lantern , no bow and arrow no watch just a motivation called Shre Ashta Vinayaka.

Jai Ganesh Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh deva
Mata jaki Parvati, Pita Mahadeva.
Ek dant dayavant, char bhuja dhari
Mathe sindur sohai, muse ki savari, Jai
Ganesh...
Andhan ko ankh det, kodhin ko kaya
Banjhan ko putra det, nirdhan ko maya, Jai
Ganesh....
Pan chadhe, phul chadhe, aur chadhe meva
Ladduan ka bhog lage, saht kare seva, ,Jai
Ganesh....
Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh deva,
Mata jaki Parvata, Pita Mahadeva.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube