Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Shoot the Poetry of Life

For most of the people who see this common scene on the streets of Mumbai, it is life as usual, a glimpse into two poor people sharing the state of their perilous economy..

A good salon is not going to hire this street barber , and the poor worker cant go to a roadside salon that charges Rs 15 for a shave.

I shoot this as the poetry of life .

I dedicate this to a very loving human being Jane Abao..she was on I Talk News along with another friend Som Patidar.The website shut shop but we remained friends sharing our world through the internet.

I am an unpublished pedestrian poet of India.

My poems
are a gift of god
as he wrote
on my minds wall
humanity
greater than
spiritual scrawl
its not your height
but the depth
of your humility
that makes you tall
as children
we all learned to crawl
we still crawl now
towards a god
in our spirits
prayer hall
my pedestrian poems
of pain
on the soul
of your poetic
consciousness
I share it with all

Firoze Shakir
Pedestrian Poet Photographer
Mumbai India
8 August 2009

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube