Thursday, August 6, 2009

Advocate Ashish Shelars Ganpati Pandal 2009 Bandra Reclamation

I start a new set at my Flickr photostream, the first of my Ganpati Pandal series, work is in full swing , at Advocate Ashish Shelars Ganpati Pandal 2009 Bandra Reclamation..

This year he is building the replica of the Ganpatipule Ganesha Mandir..and his right hand man Jeetu Raut is supervising the construction, workers are totally busy, trying to it ready in time for the Ganesha festival.

I have a great bond with Ashish Bhai and his wife.
Omkar his son and their dog Lucky are also very close to my grand daughter Marziya.
The other reason being , the pandal is close to my house and they are my neighbors too..

Ashish Bhai is the corporator of Khar , representing the Bhartiya Janta Party, ever since we moved to Bandra Reclamation I have been shooting his Ganesha Pandal.

However I have never been able to shoot the Immersion of his Ganesha as I follow the Lal Bagh Cha Raja barefeet , and am stuck in town.I shot the Lal Bagh Cha Raja last year too..

Ganesha workshops, Ganesha pandals and finally the Immersion I shoot with a fervor , and Ashish Bhais Ganpati Pandal is always unique for its historical and architectural background..after the Lal Bagh Cha Raja Pandal, GSB Kings Circle Ganesha Pandal that I shoot , I find Ashish Bhais Pandal vying for a top position too.

People from all walks of life politicians like Shri Gopinath Munde, Shri Raj Thackeray , Madhur Bhandrakar and other celebrities come here for the Lords darshan.


This is also a part of my Hope and Hindutva set on Flickr.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube