Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Deleted in the Name of the Lord

I have had a terrible experience that shall remain wih me all my life, after I finished shooting this segment , dehyderated I returned home , aborting following the Lal Bagh Chya Raja like I had done last year .
At home I felt my fast, my leg wound too was giving me trouble..at about 6pm, I decided to go to Girgaon Chowpatty to continue shooting the Ganeshas , so I carried stuff to break my fast took a train to Charni Road from Bandra , reached Opera House junction , and began shooting , at about 7 pm I broke my fast, and at 10 pm I walked or rather limped towards Chira Bazar shooting the various processions heading towards the sea at Chira Bazar I took a cab to Colaba to my parents house, I had decided to spend the night here and catch up with the Lal Bagh Chya Raja when he reaches Chowpatty at 4 am, for Vsarjan, I slept, at 3.30am I began my fast and brother Firdaus who was going to the airport to catch a flight to for Hyderabad dropped me at Chowpatty, I shot a few pictures of Dongri ka Raja and than came the King Of Kings Lal Bagh Chya Raja , I shot all this on a new card following him till the beach, here to my bad luck I was aiming the camera towards the sea and caught by two drunk volunteers of Umerkhadi, who objected to my camera, hassled me no end when they came to know I was a Muslim, why I was wearingthe Lal Bagh Chya cap, I was taken to the Mumbai cops, and from there to another officer of the Mumbai Police, and was made to delete all my pictures I had shot of Lal Bagh Chya Raja, this is the flip side of being a Muslim at the wrong place and the wrong time, I had shown my Bandra Samachar press card too, but such is the fear psychosis of man, even the Inspector did not believe me..and this shocks me, I told them I was fasting , that shook them up more including my attire..
Luckily all these were on a new card or imagine having to delete everything that I had shot the night before, I have returned home to Bandra quite sad dejected..I at times like this feel, that being a Muslim is a tough cross to carry , where you are pronounced guilty before you prove you are innocent..I try to share my pictures on the net without any bias, and Ganpati is about a cry for freedom vociferously echoed by Bal Gangadhar Tilak, to get rid of the British Government, Ganpati is not only about Hinduism or Hope or Hindutva it is about our nationalism, about our Indianess, not satisfied with my Press Card the Mumbai Police Inspector took my visiting card too..Well this is the Finale to my Ganesh Visarjan at Girgaum Chowpatty , I was abused by the Maharashtrian boys Umerkhadi, ruffians, shabbily treated, I tried to call my neigbour Advocate Ashish Shelar, but he was unavaiable.. and he is a BJP corporator, and knows what Ganesha means to me..
I shall now hit the sack,, yes I am tired and disillusined but I guess this is Life and the show goes on..Try never to carry your camera on the beach for Visarjan, I was lucky they dod not smash my camera.. or me for that matter...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube