Monday, August 27, 2007

Blind Faith


Blind Faith
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1
The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice. Mark Twain


We all decry prejudice, yet are all prejudiced. Herbert Spencer

Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson
To be Negro in America is to hope against hope. Martin Luther King, Jr.

At the heart of racism is the religious assertion that God made a creative mistake when He brought some people into being. Friedrich Otto Hertz

Accomplishments have no color. Leontyne Price

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Mahatma Gandhi

Violence will only increase the cycle of violence. The Dalai Lama

You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist. Indira Gandhi

I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any.

“I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Mahatma Gandhi


On a slow fire sit five cauldrons
Of steaming hate within
Overcooked entrails
Body parts of colored poets
Beefed in wails horny scales
Each cauldron its owners
Initials details
AJS, JF, TM,IDC, FB
Multicolored hate as a poem entails
White Tie and Tails
Blue blood pedigreed
White Colored Males
Lashing sepia toned
Dusky posteriors with
Cat o nine tales

Following the shadows of the skies
Waiting for the ships to sail
Eric Clapton Blind Faith
Seamlessly silent music prevails
An India Rope Trick man
Sleeping solicitude of a bed of nails
Writes poems sucked system derails
Assholes as poetic spam in emails
Multi colored men imprisoned
In the minds of white mans jails

Ps I give back to you what you gave to me in kind..this is what I mean faith is blind..
hate for the underpriviliged the ethnic the multi colored mankind..yes once again a poem unwinds.. from the face of a tatooed behind...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube