Thursday, July 5, 2007

Street Poetry

Says a girl child a few months old
in her sisters lap ...words as poem that I uncap ..while the winds take a nap...

Mama Mama please tell me
When I grow up
What will I be
Will I have
on my lap
your next baby
Oh Mama Oh Mama
Like you and Sis will I be pretty
or (a tear drops from her eye )
Will I too have to work in the fields
bonded labour in captivity
while dad whores drinks with his cronies
in the neigbouring locality
My future frightens me
my hopes my fears
bound gagged to my destiny
Oh Mama Mama
will someone nice marry me
to my dream world carry me
or will he eventually
use me abuse me set me free
labouring in a brothel
Oh Mama what will become of Me
Said her Sister 8 years old
Sweetie take it easy..
Dont trouble Mama and Me
What has to be will be
We will still be one family
Tears moisten my eyes
Yes this is street poetry
with a touch of photography
that at poem hunter they wont see.
words as pictures pictureless words
to be or not to be ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube