Thursday, June 21, 2007

Moharam In Hussain Tekri Jaorah

One place of great importance to the Shias in India is a dusty town, with replicas of the Shrines of the Ahle Bait. called Hussain Tekri in Jaorah Madhya Pradesh.Here the atmosphere is stunningy holistic, people mostly Hindus, the Shias , come here to get healed, this a town of penance , the sights you see here would give you sleepless nights for the rest of your life.This is one scary place, the cases that come here are mentally sick,demented, possessed, satanic convulsions, pulverized by a dreadful power.I had posted some of this at Buzznet , but the rest of the Cds I kept untouched, I open them up for all of you at Flickr...
Why people behave the way they do here is not my concern, I shot pictures , what is right or wrong is for the Mullahs to decide.My genre is ritualism pain blood faith, the under belly of mans primal quest to attain spirtuality ..a Lord of the Rings situation ..I fought my own devils and demons here , I had not yet been seduced by the Blog Internet or the Blog Goddess.I was a photographer shooting to make blow ups for exhibiting in camera club salons, an endeavour I gave up completely after I got baptised by Brandon Stone of Photo Blogs Org..
We were 3 famously infamous exhibitors a few years back,Mr KG Maheshwari , Mr BW Jatkar both my erstwhile photo Gurus.The third Guru Mr Shreekanth Malushte was not into this addiction.
Anyway I digress , Hussaintekri, is famous for its Chehlum celebrations, specially the Ag Ka Matam or fire walk, that I walked here but was strictly told by a photographer hating event organiser not to shoot, he had threatned to throw my camera bag in the fire..this man is Mr Yusuf Mukadam,a very conceited arrogant brash , pleasing his Sunni bosses who are the custodians of this Shia Shrine .
This is an amazing place , there is a group of Iranian hoteliers from Hyderabad ,who come here a few weeks in advance and feed the crowds free ,noon and in the night.Without any publicity or praise , all for Moulah Akka Hussain..I would love to touch their feet because the greatest service to God is service to Humanity...
They feed over a hundred thousand people , never cribbing , though Iranians are hotheaded dont take fools lightly if you are a fool and get in their way..
All the hotels are ovrer full, people sleep on the roads, in the farms, suffer, just to partake in the spirituaity of Hussain Tekri..This is a place untouched by foreigners while I was shoting there wasalso a Spanish couple shooting the proceedings for some channel...This is about 5 years back I think ,I am bad with dates..So see Hussain Tekri I have never gone there as Mr Mukadam and his goons wont spare me for my ire ..
I dont even sell pictures , or have any other ulterior motive , you guys are lucky being what you are being a Shia for me is perhaps a part of my karmic evolution..I culd have bee an Inuit Indian in Alaska for all you know...or a Hispanic in Sunny California...My India and my Indianness , is quite different from the 1560 Indian categories on Flickr , I am not a group person, here I am a bioscope still photographer , caught in the magic of moving emotions as poetic images
Yes I am in all humilty one of the top 500 poets...in a recent survey and I deleted 1002 poems out there..poems preyed by a prose hunter...Prose to be pronounced phonetically as Firoze.
I reiterate if you are not poetic ,you cannot be a pictorial photographer.You have to practice Yogic Kundalini to become one with your photography , you have to fuck the fancy phraseology of the decisive moment , but first you must unwind the serpent within you.I shoot on one leg and my eyes closed .
Dont be confused blindness and blndfaith is what my photography is all about.
Shooting with your eyes shut is a Sufi metaphor...

More about it when we meet at Ajmer Sharif to shoot divinity in a drop of tear,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube