Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Drummer Boy in Hijda Land

The drummer boys during the Urus at any Shrine are famous for their acrobatic feats, these guys are tremendously showy , play to the galleries , get paid by the crowds that keep entertained as they lead the Sandal procession of any group.But the Hijdas love them patronise them, many have become toy boys of the Hijdas.
The drummer boys of Haji Malang are a breed apart, they dance cavort with their drums , they are photogenically alive and agile.This was my first trip to Haji Malang to meet the Chancawalli body piercing Rafaees , you have to trek the mountain to reach this place , I had walked on fire the night before , also scourged my back so this was a tough trek,, I climbed this mountain barefeet , but on the top the Hijdas refreshed my starved soul..I have a wander lust that is kept in check, I am manacled to fleshy domesticity of a marriage life, my shop , my kids , my despair.
I sometimes want to go the A L Syed way ,become a Fakir renounce it all, not foe any quest or search just to be able to see the moments of acetism first hand..but I dont like to beg, I dont like to kow tow lick ass, go down give head to fallse hopes , so this is another tough cookie..
I want to be a Fakir shoot pictures stay connected disembodied to all you guys that live on cyberspace that I call the other side of midnight..
I am a one man army I intend to stay this way..
I am at my shop posting from my homesite, the HussainTekri is on the house comp...


the drummer boy
a favourite of the hijdas
frail cute but not so strong
wherever they go
they take him along
he plays the drum
ding dong
some dance
some clap hands
some sing song
the hijdas in ghagras
sarees and colorful sarongs
stylistically he climbs
on the drum .
ping pong
this is how he makes
a living all year long
he and the hijdas
to each other belong

poem no 857

In one way posting at Flickr is giving me a chance to re edit my stuff add this Intro new to the body post..
All my poems were first posted at Buzznet with pictures, than picture decapitated published at Poem Hunter.
I now write poetry as I drink water , or brush my teeth.
Gargled gibberish of words wanting to live after I am dead and gone.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube