Monday, April 23, 2018

Documenting the Naga Sadhus Ujjain Kumbh 2016







posted at FB

As a Muslim Press Photographer you can shoot the Hindu ethos of the Naga Sadhus but as a Muslim to have lived with the Naga Sadhus it was only possible because of my secular minded Naga Guru Vijay Giri Maharaj some bigoted sadhus objected to my presence some spat at me some cursed me but my Guru stood by me took up cudgels for me ,,some complained to the Maha Mandleshwar Swami Krishna Giri but he ignored them.

I had met Maha Mandleshwarji and told him that all my efforts of documenting the Naga ethos was a step towards Hindu Muslim amity I wanted Hindus Muslims both eyes of Mother India to live in peace harmoniously .
He patted me and this made some of the rogue sadhus more angry,, but I am not bad mouthing them they were wary of my agenda I was a meat eating Muslim in their eyes nothing could change that though I ate Satvik meals at the Akhara .

But I met more good sadhus than bad sadhus there was a Naga Sahu who was also a devotee of Kalliar Sharif there was another Naga Sadhu who was also a Qalandari and quoted Imam Ali .

Because I was a Sufi malang both loved me and I shot the Nagas from within ,,I walked with them chanting Har Har Mahadev..the mantra of the Naga cry towards th banks of the River Sipra .

As a photographer I shot the soil of Hinduism as a Message of Universal Peace ...15 years I lived like a sadhu with the Nagas .

Than I shot the Naga Sadhus at Khamkhya Assam.

I am now documenting the Aghoris the Aghoris consider me their brother and call me respectfully Aghori Malang /

Yes I am the Soul of my Camera I have no sponsors no financial support but God has been great ,,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube