Saturday, September 16, 2017

Muslims Felicitating Lalbaugh Chya Raja Do Tanki










Every year during Visarjan time it is a tradition ..Muslims led by Sajid Khan a social activist felicitate Lalbaugh Chya Raja and he halts here for about an hour .
There is an Arti by the locals and the Lalbaugh Chya Raja Karyakartas led by Mr Sudhir Salvi bond with the Muslims sadly this beautiful aspect of love mutual respect between the Hindus and Muslims is not documented by paid Media .
I have always tried to showcase this feature that is the integral part of mutual co existence of all communities in Mumbai.
Otherwise my wielding a camera would be an effort in vain.. I shoot the Raja or Hindu feasts dressed as a Hindu....and Hindu for me is not just a religious context but my cultural inheritance part of my roots to this huge Family Tree called India .
I would give up photography if it was merely to hurt people their customs or rituals ..for those who dont know me my photography has never been a source of income ..my father was a tailor and I am part of his tailored dream.
I was sitting with some Marwari boys at Kumbharwada as the Raja leaves Do Tanki after a very long time and Kumbharwada is two lanes the boys were surprised that I was a Muslim they offered me water and began to Google Search for m on their cell phones but that I acted in a Hindi film was touched them most they took selfies with me .
I reached Girgaum Chowpatty at 6 am...but could not shoot the Immersion or the Arti because of huge crowds that had wited all night on the beach to bid Farewell to Raja .
Ganpati is a symbol of our Unity from here to Infinity binding us together all hues all faith all people of Mumbai ..
You dont have to be a Hindu to understand the message that pervades during the Ganesha festival ...it touches all of us .. Be One ..division does not help follow your faith but respect your neighbors faith as much as your own.
The Sadhu sitting besides me was so enthused that I had a Naga Sadhu Guru and had visited Khamakhya he asked m if I had any Prasad from him from Ma Khamakhya .
That is why more than any city in India more than Lucknow the city of my birth I love Mumbai . my father lived in the slums but that did not stop him from realizing his dreams ..
Mumbai accepts everyone you dont have to be a Hindu or a Muslim or a Christian or a Buddhist .
Mumbai has evolved after the 93 Riots .. state engineered politically powered riots to divide one brother from another .
Jai Shree Omkhara .
Jeene Ka Sahara ..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube