Saturday, September 16, 2017

Documenting Tantrics Hijra Shamans Naga Sadhus Aghoris In The Kingdom Of Khamakhya













I was at Khamakhya last year 2016 ..Joie Ma Khamakhya
This year I had the desire to go as my friend Laurent Salesse was coming too...but I was short of funds as I was not sure where I would stay and I did not want to impose myself jamming in with Laurent .
My Devi Or Godmother is Mrs Punam Sinha mother of Sonakshi wife of Mr Shatrughan Sinha I told her that I was going to Khamakhya but I have a serious leg injury and 6 days train journey to and fro would aggravate my wound .
Mrs Sinha gave me flight tickets to and from Mumbai Guwahati back to Mumbai and an envelop with Rs 11000 .
My local representative my neighbor and a great humanbeing Advocate Ashish Shelar gave me Rs 10000.
People bicker about Hindu Muslim animosity here in Mumbai we are One ..
But the greatest gesture at Khamakhya was a room next to the Temple all free thanks to Niku Sarma who I had met last year and he had visited my house on his trip to Mumbai.
He is from the erstwhile Panda Family custodian of the Khamakhya Temple.
Without Niku his saintly mother who offered me meals took care of me along with her other son Abhijeet I could have not shot Khamakhya at all .
Than there was teaman chaiwala Narayan and his family that took care of me .
I met Narayan last year he is a photographer but becoms a Chaiwala during the Fair.
And the Kotwal of the Naga Sadhus Ram Giri got me and Laurent Salessent the Temple Press passes connected me to Thanapai Govind Giri Ji and other Naga Sadhu luminaries .
So most of my time was spent helping Laurent shoot portraits in ambient light backdrop at the Dattaraya Mandir home of the Naga Sadhus .
I knew the Aghoris very well I had shot them last year so I spent the nights at the Khamakhya Hindu crematorium till wee hours of the morning shooting their sacrifice and rituals .
I missed my Hijra Shaman friend Bhavani her father had expired but I shot the other Hijra tantrics .
Laurent and I had a great time we shot Bhoothnath Crmatorium too accompanied by my dear Assamese friend Rupam Sarma.
I give you the link of my pictures at Flickr .
I shot a lot of videos .
However if you are a Hindu and if you have not visited Khamakhya a important Shaktipeeth you are missing something this is a mini Kumbh.
If you are a people photographer like me than Khamakhya is a place not to be misssed .
Two places I hold dear Makanpur Urus of Zinda Shah Madar and Khamakhya Ambubachi Mela .
I met an Englishman Aghori he had taken Deeksha my Aghori friends wanted me to take Deeksha from their Guru who called me Malang .. but I told them I had far too many Gurus to handle .
I will be soon joining the Qalandari Silsila to document it ..
So Khamakhya the Tantric power in the centre of the Univrse in Assam.
Assam hospitality is pure genuine, people love you and Assam is Bliss..
I met Mr Tarun Gogoi too ex CM Assam.
Joie Ma Khamakhya ..
This year the Great Mother pulled me into her Shrine
Does it really matter whethr you are Hindu or Muslim ,,
Faith moves Mountains .
I shot the Eid Namaz at Guwahati Eidgah dressed in white ..along with Laurent


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube