Thursday, November 12, 2015

My Memories of My Stint at Sheraton Treasures ,,, 1976 77







I began my career at Treasures of India Dhanraj Mahal with Mrs Gaby Kapoor as I spoke French and was a glib talker I was posted to the main Burlingtons outlet and I did a long stint and was transferred to the Oberois and this was perhaps the best time of my life ,, Sheraton Treasures partly belonged to Mr Shashi Kapoor and his wife Jennifer Kapoor my Guru of styling.
My years at Sheraton Treasures were most nostalgic ,, Bobby Ahluwalia gave us free drinks at Lancers Bars , the Cellar was our hideout after work..
And Lorraine Rhubbotom was my assistant manager , we were a very close group Arjunsinh Jadeja at Dancing Silks and some friends from Maharani ,,
till I decided to go to Lucknow to heal a broken heart my salary was Rs 750 I accidentally got married and the next thing I knew I was again transferred to Taj Treasures and my salary was raised to Rs 1100 in 1978 ,,,
I hung around for two more years and than left for Muscat in 1980 , I left my job at Tecodev and took up a job as a manager at Al Anwar and returned back before my term ended dejected disappointed ..
I joined Badasab Bandra 1982 and a stint with Prachins of Mr Nitin Manmohan and my tryst with Bollywood .. in real sense .. it was there at Badasab too,
Than I became independent and again joined Badasab as GM in 2011 but could not work there I was used to freedom and being my own man .
So in short I have come a long way ,,,
Memories of Oberois and memories of Ken Lynn society photographer who shot all these pictures and charged us Rs 50 those days ,,,memories of Mr Dieter Janssen Rita Palitana .. we made her sexy cholis and Joan Paez ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube