Thursday, November 12, 2015

Do Hijras Celebrate Diwali...



They saw me dressed as a Sadhu and they saluted me with Namaste and Jai Shree Ram and respectfully touched my feet and asked me to bless them I did ,,with my camera too..

They saw I was tired , barefeet so they gave me Rs 51 ,. I was politely refusing the same but they insisted ,, please have food .. and I accepted their offering as a beggar poet ,, I later gave the same money to a very poor beggar family ,,

And I had restricted these images I shot a lot of pictures of these kind hijra ladies from MP who had come to  Ramkundh and Tapovan on pilgrimage to the Nasikh Kumbh.

I had shot hijras taking a dip in the Ganges during the Maha Kumbh Allahabad , and I am destined to meet them wherever I go ,,and I meet them begging extorting money in the trains ,,I have shot a lot of them..

But there are pious ones I have shot Hijra Jogans and Hijra shamans ,,

Perhaps God wants me to tell their story the travesty of their misplaced Gender and I shot them with respect with humanity and sincerely ,,

Do they celebrate Diwali ...well they celebrate Eid too and I knew some who wore black clothes in memory of our Imam and were devout ,, and bonded with me as an Azadar Of Hussain..

There is a lot of transgender  in Hyderabad who do Matam , majlis take out Tazia but I  have not met them though I met one in Kolkatta Ashura crying profusely on Ashura day dressed in Black.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube