Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Sufi Bawa Kurla Station Road




He is a hawker by profession selling odds and ends earning his honest bread , the moment he sees me he greets me as Malang baba he too is from a different Sufi order ,,and there is something that positively makes me shoot him..sometimes he will ask one of his friends to shoot us both on his mobile phone.
I shoot street pictures , street faces I never asked him his name I simply call him Bawa out of respect,..he talks about me to the other hawkers in my presence and I feel extremely humbled ..he will offer me tea which I politely refuse ,,I am in a hurry to take the bridge to the other side of Kurla East where there are two more people I shoot .. both are humble folks one sells cheap gemstones the other sells hankies since 60 years at the same place on Kurla bridge .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube