Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Naga Sadhu Procession To Neel Parbhat Trimbakeshwar






This was perhaps the most strenuous , tiring shoot I was barefeet and limping with an injured foot I had walked over 4 km with this procession .. I had to keep pace with them and the most difficult part was not the Naga Sadhus but the cops deliberately pushing us away , and most of them were cadets cops from rural areas they just did not know how to take command , most of them were in awe of their new surroundings .,.but all in all this was a great shoot and from here the procession of the Naga sadhus moved to Neel Parbhat , the Nagas than took a dip in a small pond and the event came to a close ,, I trudged my way back I had neither eaten nor drunk water ,,, as I started walking back to Trimbakeshwar bus depot there was another huge procession of the Udasin and Khalsa Akhara coming towards the temple town so the bus service had been halted I shot this procession too and walked back to my Naga camp another 3 km away ,,,
Luckily one of my Naga Gurus deaf mute disciple cleaned my wound and massaged my tired legs ,,,I realized I was an old man and had lost my adventurous spirit but I shot thousands of images .. as is where is I delete nothing those are my efforts soaked in my blood sweat and tears ,,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube