Monday, September 21, 2015

The Malang From Mumbai Shot By Laurent Salisse




He did not shoot my picture
he shot my inner restless quest
from my withering flesh my soul
he did wrest a moment within
a moment under house arrest
he heard the sound of ya hussain
ya hussain hearbeats of my chest
he saw my bleeding head my dagger
my bleeding face that he would
capture all this i did not expect
ya ali maulah ya ali maulah
connecting east and west
regressive as we move ahead
divided fragmented strife driven'
Allah and million other sects ,,
dismembered bodies decapitated
heads crucified by misplaced
religiosity and misinterpreted
holy text ,, what next..

Old school photography emulsion
digitally we detest..we forcibly
put to rest ..sepia toned sorrow
that uttered the last words
photographer ashes to ashes
'dust to dust stay blessed
poetry etched on my soul
that you have rightly guessed


inspired by benn bell

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube