Monday, September 21, 2015

Laurent Salisse A Master At Work




















This lot was shot by a person watching us both .. i just told him to go on clicking our pictures he had never used a DSLR before


He shot me on the Mamiya 6/7 but the first time due to some technical hitch there was a problem and than it began to rain heavily so he waited for the rain to end ,, and he re shot all over again , the backdrop he placed again.. and he does street portraiture using this backdrop in natural light at Trimbakeshwar Kumbh Mela ,, Koovagam Eunuch festival ,,
For me having used film when I began photography and I used to shoot medium format on my twinreflex Mamiya 330 ,, it was nostalgia ,,pure and pristine.
Hardly do yoi see such passion now days ,, Laurent does not use digital at all he is from the old school and does his own processing..
He leaves for France tomorrow and we will now meet next year shoot the Malangs together ,, at Makanpur ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube