Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Shooting The Dam Madar Malangs at Makanpur UP 2013













I came here accidentally .. more of a divine intervention barring Moharam I hardly go out of Mumbai ..Moharam takes me to different cities of India .
And Ajmer Sharif I visit during the Urus ,,some of the Dargahs I visited in India too happened accidentally visiting Dewa Sharif . Mira Datar Unjha .
I used to go to Haji Malang but because of my diabetic condition swelling on my feet I am unable to reach the top..I am trying to build my stamina through tennis of late .
Makanpur first visit was a tough trip getting of at Kanpur changing various rickshas than reaching by bus to Airiol and finally my destination,. at Makanpur you can go on shooting till you drop dead ,, Malangs from all over India ,, paying tribute to the Dargah of Zinda Shah Madar ,, as I lived with Malangs it was not that tough for me ,, The Dhamal at Makanpur is out of the world ,, led by the Rifais and the Qalandris ,,they pay homage to to Masoomi Baba and show their skills he rewards them..there are Malangs living here in their tents representing the various order of Dam Madar Malangs , young Malangs old Malangs ,,
The Hindus Brahmins of Makanpur felicitate the Malangs , wash their hands feet , and serve food to the Malangs I mean if you see this beautiful amity that exists miles away from media newspaper coverage you will understand the Beauty of India mutual respect tolerance this is the Middle Path of Peace ..the Malangs thank the host bless his wife children and grandchildren ..
The Malangs foot soldiers of the Humility of Zinda Shah Madar are felicitated by the Head of The Khadims or Gaddi Nashin Baki Sab,, we were given a set of Maang clothes .. I too as a Malang got a set that I gave to another poorer Malang who had not come for the felicitation,... my wardrobe and my sartorial quirk has its own trade mark..
I shot a lot of images did not shoot videos , took a dip in the holy river near the Holy Shrine ,, and finally left a day after the Main Urus taking a bus from Makanpur to Kanpur and another bus from Kanpur to Alambagh Lucknow ,, I returned to Mumbai from Lucknow after paying respect to my in laws.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube