Friday, September 4, 2015

I Shot This By Sheer Cosmic Accident .. The Naga Procession Neel Parbhat




I had come here with two Bollywood technicians they wanted to take a dip in the Trimbakeshwar Kund and both work in the light department and are disciples of my Naga Guru .. they  both live near Film City Goregaon like my Guru .

It was Sunil who spotted Bhagwati Giri and was about to introduce me to him , but I already knew him from Maha Kumbh he had taken us on a boat on the Sangam.. he told me about this procession that was going to start close to where I stay at Sadhugram.. but I got the timings wrong ..

On my return back to base I called Bhagwati Giri he told me the Naga procession would start at  10.30 am but it started much early and I thought of skipping it but than followed it on a bike and shot this long trek barefeet till Neel Parbat ,

Bhagwati Giri is a very well connected  Naga Guru he had introduced us at Allahabad Maha Kumbh to the Sabapati and other important Maha Mandleshwars including Shri Kalyan Anandji of 18 Madi Juna Akhara .

And after this the following day I shot the Shahi Snan procession including the Holy Dip of most of the Akharas of the Naga Sadhus ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube