Friday, September 4, 2015

Documenting Hope And Hindutva ,, Nasik Kumbh Trimbakeshwar 2015




Unless you are a Press person , I think getting into the Trimbakeshwar Kund during the time allotted for the Juna Akhara Naga Sadhus is almost next to impossible , and once you do manage to enter the Kund it is impossible to get a vantage position to shoot it is totally packed despite each Akhara being allowed in turn.. and the cops and the volunteers of the Kund will be hounding you every time ,,
The Press enclosure is like a virtual fish market , and the hotshots wont ever let you breach their space and if you do manage to get some space they will bully you out of it ,, there is no compassion or mercy in the photo journalist world ,, it is each one for himself ,,, and I shot an entire 32 GB card here RAW and JPEG and once the Naga Akharas had done their dip I left too I was not greedy for more ,, I got what I wanted though I missed taking my dip as my Naga Guru and I lost each other in the onrush. I had no regrets but I know had I taken the Dip I would have to follow my Guru back to our tent at Sadhugram.. Even at the Maha Kumbh I had to follow him back from the dip at the Sangam on Shahi Snan Day Basant Panchami .
I guess the Gods helped the photographer in me I had carried a 50 mm lens and 18 135 I missed my telly lens , I was told by my Guru not to carry a bag at the Kund ,, so I had just a waist pouch.. and the chant of Har Har Mahadev urging pushing me forward ,, And after I have completed this Shahi Snan lot I will post pictures of Ramkund and Tapovan.. at Panchvati Nasikh ,, all part of my Kumbh Mela Nasikh 2015 ,, Hope and Hindutva set .. My Hindu Blogs ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube