Monday, August 31, 2015

Trimbakeshwar Kund ,, Kumbh Mela 2015



One thing is certain had I stayed next to my Naga Guru after I got out of the car that bought us to the Trimbakeshwar temple town I would have taken the Holy Dip along with the others disciples of Shree Vijay Giri Maharaj Triveni Juna Akhada ,, I had taken a dip in the Sangam at Allahabad with my Guru on Basant Panchami Shahi Snan.

I had a leg injury so I was trailing behind and got lost in the crowd ,, the mobile phone was of no use ,, with the chaos and drums and the high pitched fervor of the crowds and the sonorous chant of Har Har Mahadev,,

But there was no turning back I had to enter the Trimbakeshwar Kund and that is when his Holiness Shree Avdesh Anandji saw me shooting him and asked me who I was .. I told him truthfully I was a Muslim documenting Hope and Hindutva as a Message of Universal Peace Hope Humanity ,, he sent me me his card along with his pictures I added it on the reverse of my Press Card as his cortege moved ahead I followed him and I was in the Kund shooting the Nagas hitting the waters cheering .. I stood near the corner and after they left one of the volunteers told me that I should leave to as my Akhara had left ,. I politely walked towards the Press Stand spotted my friend Jeetendra from Reuters Allahabad and stuck by his side all the time from 3 am to 6 am and once the Digmabari Naga Sadhus completed their Shahi Snan I decided to move out and shoot the streets , my leg injury was hurting badly I had not eaten or drunk water all this time ,, The first thing I did was get a bottle and moved out from Trimbakeshwar had two batata wada ..I had to walk back about 3 Km I tried to get a lift from moving official cars trucks but God wanted me to walk and I did till I reached my sector at Sadhugram.. near where I stayed across the road was a Marathi family that had a tea stall, he gave me black tea and two more batata wadas ..
But when I stepped in to my Gurus Akhara , he was worried about me ,, I narrated him my story , he touched my head gave me smile and told me to shower and rest.

This was my Shahi Snan experience and my story is in pictures that await their turn.. this is a story board . of a day in the life of a beggar poet from Mumbai.

About Trimbakeshwar Kund by my dear  Twitter friend Artis My Yatra Diary  ,, she has given me permission to share her post with all of you .. my knowledge of Hinduism is very limited ,,

Her Post

Monday, January 24, 2011
Kushavart Kund - Trimbakeshwar
After visiting the Trimbakeshwar Temple, we headed towards a water tank revered as a sacred bathing place, the Kushavart kund.

There is an interesting account explaining the significance of the place. Sage Gautam once committed a sin of killing a cow. As an act of repentance, He performed penance at the peaks of the Brahmagiri Mountains, appeased Lord Shiva and asked for the Ganga waters so that he could wipe off his sin. Pleased with his devotion, Lord Shiva jerked His big locks of matted hairs on the Brahmagiri Mountains and sent Ganga down onto the earth. Today that place is known as Gangadwar, situated half way to the Brahmagiri Mountains. There is a temple of Ganga, now known as Godavari River. Ganga appears first time here, after which it vanishes.

But the flow of the Ganges was tremendous due to which the sage could not bathe in her waters. He then surrounded the river with Kusha, a type of grass and put a stop to her flow.  After bathing here his sin of killing a cow was finally wiped off. The tirth (pilgrimage) came to be known as Kushavart.

Thus today, Kushavart is known as the symbolic origin of the River Godavari. It is from this Kushavart that the river Godavari flows up to the sea. There are temples at the four corners of Kushavart.

www.myyatradiary.com/2011/01/kushavart-kund-trimbakeshwar...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube