Monday, August 31, 2015

Shooting The Juna Akhara Procession Till Neel Parbat Trimbakeshwar




I was at Trimbakeshwar a few friends wanted to have a dip at the Kund and here I spotted Shree Bhagwat Giri of Juna Akhara I had met him at Allahabad Maha Kumbh through my Guru Shree Vijay Giri Maharaj and it was Bhagwat Giri who took us to the Sabapati of the Juna Akhara ,, he was very happy to see me and he is a highly connected Naga Guru.

He informed me of this procession that was to start from near where I stayed at Pingal Wadi Sadhugram..I returned  to Sadhugram by the time I had showered and reached the starting point I was told the Naga procession had left but I did not give up hope ,, I took a lift from a motorbike guy and he dropped me at a point from there limping I managed to catch up with the Naga heads in front of them were the naked Naga Sadhus ,, I shot them for several kms and luckily I had the company of my Facebook friend photo journalist CS Shelare.. I shot a lot including a video.. as most of these following shots are of the Nagas frontal nudity I will restricting it from public view only a Flickr member can see them.

After having shot all this I returned walking till the Bus Depot to find another procession of the Udasin Akhara and the buses were halted , so I shot this procession too ,,, and tired walked back to my Naga base ,,,next to Jagadguru Shankarcharya of Dwarkapeeths Mutt ,, 3 km away ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube