Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Shahi Snan Ramkund Nasik Kumbh Mela 2002










I was carrying a lot of equipment when I came to shoot Ramkund on the eve of the Shahi Snan I did not know anyone here , and I rested on the banks of the Godavari and than I meet this photo journalist Neeraj Bhanje , we got talking and he took care of my camera bag,, while I went to get myself washed up, he was kind enough to share his meals with and from that day till the present we have been connected by phone , but the sad part is that his newspaper is not sending him to cover the Kumbh , he has some other assignment ,, so I will not be seeing him..
However I am expecting another Tantric Guru from Hardwar Shree Kapoor Khamakhya so I hope to connect with him I dont know any Vaishnav Akharas .. but I will manage I am sure of that ..The Kumbh is a spiritual and cultural experience that grows on you..had I not shot the Kumbh and Maha Kumbh I would have missed something very integral about my country ..And you need to be called to shoot the Kumbh ,,you dont necessarily need a camera you could shoot it on your mobile phone too... in 2002 I dont think I had that option I shot film and slides and it was here at Panchvati I accidentally fell in the water with my Nikon 90 X camera and 80/200 2.8 prime lens it was a deep end but luckily nothing happened to my camera or my lens ,, and the film within...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube